CES Documents for RSE
Catholic Schools, like all other schools in England, are required to produce a written policy following the guidance produced by the Department for Education called 'Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education'. The link to this document can be found HERE.
Catholic schools are also required to teach RSE in accordance with the teaching of the Catholic Church. This approach is compatible with the DfE guidance.
The Catholic Education Service (CES) has produced a range of resources for use in Catholic schools. They include:
- Catholic RSE Quality Standard
- Governor audit for monitoring RSE
- Who is responsible for teaching RSE to children and young people?
- Outstanding RSE in a Catholic context - a case study
- A model Secondary Catholic RSE Curriculum
- A model Primary Catholic RSE Curriculum
- Good practice in delivering a Catholic school RSE policy
These resources can be found HERE.
Further Documents for RSE
Please click on the following links for further supporting resources